Do you have an online business? Do you want to promote your business on social media? Today, in this article, we will help you in creating a social media strategy in 9 easy steps that will direct your social media marketing efforts in the right direction. Following this step-by-step social media marketing guide can quickly build a purposeful marketing strategy.
Let’s go over the 9 steps for creating a social media strategy:
1. Create Your Social Media Goals
Social Media is not just about growing your followers. You should use social media in a way that you can increase not just your audience but also your profits and business. So, aim to sell more products and get your business involved on social media.
Your brand could have one of these social media goals-
- Engaging Your Audience
- Providing Customer Service
- Increase your Brand Awareness/
- Optimizing your Social Media
- Boosting Web Traffic
- Convert your potential leads
- Selling Products on Social Media
Once you set your goals, you must jump to the next step to achieve your social media goals.
2. Focus On Your Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
It takes consistent efforts to build a social media strategy. KPIs will evaluate and measure the performance of your social media campaigns. There are four main areas that social media KPIs should focus on: engagement, reach, leads, and customers. You can track your brand’s success on social media through engagement and conversions.
3 . Know Your Audience
If you know your audience category, you can only create content they are likely to interact with. Know the time your audience gets online and engages with your content. Is it during work hours or late nights? Such clues about the target audience will prove valuable for your business and sales.
4. Filter the Social Media Platforms
Try to find out which social media platforms work for your business. It is easy to determine your brand’s best social media platform by asking yourself a few questions: Where is your target audience most likely to be active? What platforms will engage your audience better? If you can answer these questions, you will be able to decide on the social media platform that will help you achieve your marketing goals.
5. Make Your Content Guidelines
Create and follow your content guidelines that reflect your policies. In this way, you’ll be able to communicate about your brand with your audience:
- What’s the tone of your brand- entertaining/ informative or creative?
- How do you connect with your audience?
- How do you respond to your audience and their complaints?
- How do you manage internet trolls and memes?
Content guidelines for your business help you stay on track and deliver consistent messages that build your brand’s trust with the audience.
6. Research Your Competitors
It is helpful to research your competitors and analyze their advertising strategies. You can use various marketing tools to research and analyze your competitors’ social media platforms. By monitoring your competitors’ content, discovering what your competitors are engaging with on social media, and learning how they respond, you can gain a competitive advantage.
7. Use Social Media Tools and Software
– Now, it’s time to pick different tools and software to help you manage social media marketing. Having the right tools and software’s important because it helps you:
- Be updated and organized.
- Work together as a team more easily.
- Schedule your social media tasks or content in advance.
- Respond quickly to your audience.
8. Build Your Social Media Team
With a team, it becomes easier to work on your strategy and accomplish your social media goals. However, it’s essential to be consistent even if you are working with a good and hardworking social media team. Your commitment and efforts will bring you the desired social media goals. If you are working with a team, you can produce better ideas and execute them rather efficiently.
9. Test and Analyze
Testing and analyzing is one primary step in social media marketing. Once your audience starts interacting with your published content, it’s time to analyze what is working and what is not. Try to build unique content for your brand that attracts your audience.
In the end, we know that social media evolves all the time. So, you have to keep updating your strategy from time to time as the trends evolve. Thus, making sure that your business grows and you get conversations. Don’t be afraid to make changes and update your SMO to better your business. You can also use SMO services from a social media marketing agency to grow your brand.